I don't know what is worse, having a child who strictly follows all game instructions (to a fault), or one who likes to make up his/her own rules in order to win. My child is in the stage where he doesn't quit grasp all the concepts of certain games, so playing with him, can be challenging... let me share an example...
When my Dad was visiting us a few weeks ago, he offered to watch Chris for me so I could run to the grocery store. While I was gone, they decided to play the game "Battleship". A quite, easy game.. no drama... just put your ships on the board, call out coordinates, and it's either a "Hit" or a "Miss" until someone sinks all the ships. Well, when I got back from shopping, they were still playing the game. My Dad looked frustrated. So I asked him what was wrong. He said, "I keep calling out numbers/letters and every time I get a hit! The problem is, I'm not sinking anything." So, apparently, my little guy didn't know the difference between a hit or a miss. He just yelled "hit" no matter what. I thought that was pretty funny. Then to add insult to injury, Chris only had placed 2 out of the 5 ships on his board! We're working on learning the rules on that game.
So, you've been warned, just in case you come over for a visit and Chris asks you to play Battleship with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment