To the Editor of Parenting Magazine:
I first received your magazine when my son was born 5 years ago. I have thoroughly enjoyed the tips and articles that have been helpful and made me laugh more than once. This past edition, however, shocked me and I was so appalled that I had no choice but to cancel my subscription and thought you should know why. For some reason, your writers felt compelled to use two words that are forbidden and unacceptable to be uttered in my household. This is a parenting magazine, and if your magazine is publishing articles using what I consider swear words that I won't tolerate in my home, why would I want to continue to be a subscriber? Did you think that using such words would appeal to a bigger audience of "cool" moms? I work very hard to sensor what comes into my home - especially for my child's sake. I am sorry to inform you that your magazine is no longer suitable for my home.
Perhaps you will do the right thing and clean up your act and remove the trash talk from your pages.
Sincerely,
Your former reader,
It Is What It Is
*** The sad part of this story that a second magazine that I had recently subscribed too is also going to be receiving a similar letter from me. It's unbelievable!!
2 comments:
I am shocked at how many magazines use blue language and risque pictures--magazines you expect to be family friendly! Way to go! You tell 'em!
What is this world coming to??? I am constantly amazed at the language on TV shows! Great job Beth!
Post a Comment