Many of you prayed for my brother last month after his unexplained medical condition that landed him in the hospital for several days. (He had passed out in his car, had excruciating headaches and short term memory loss to name a few symptoms). The doctors ran all sorts of tests and found nothing... it was frustrating for sure and scary not really knowing why this had happened to my brother. Wait until you hear what happened next....
One night while my Dad was here visiting, I woke up at 4:00 am. Oh, not again. This had been happening to me quite often. I wake up in the middle of the night and, usually, I'm unable to fall back asleep. So, I start praying. For everyone and anyone I can think of. I did manage to fall back asleep on this particular night.
When I went downstairs around 7:00 am to greet my father, he told me that he also woke up that same morning at 4:00 am. The Lord woke him up and told him to get up out of bed, email my brother and tell him that the reason why he was sick was because he had been exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning in his pick-up truck!
I was stunned... amazed... The Lord revealed the "why did this happen" to my Dad. As soon as he told me this, I knew in my heart, without a doubt that this was real. I went on the computer, did some research and low and behold, of course all his symptoms matched up to carbon monoxide poisoning. His truck is very old and the poison must have been seeping into the cab of the truck... especially if the windows are closed...
So, my Dad had emailed my brother with all this information at 4:00 am, but I was nervous because what if he was driving to work at that very moment with the windows closed? It was still early and he wouldn't get the email until after he was at work. My sister quickly called my brother and was able to reach him and tell him what God had revealed to Dad. He told us that he did, indeed, have the windows rolled up in the truck the day of the incident. So, he promised to have the windows rolled down for now (and will be hopefully getting a new vehicle soon). He bought a carbon monoxide test for his car and, yes, when he had the windows rolled up and the car running, the levels were extremely high... with the windows down, the levels were normal.
Thank you God for still speaking to us, your children, and for your love and protection every step of the way!!
4 comments:
Whoa! This gave me chills! God still speaks to us, no doubt!
God truly is amazing!
Amazing, truly amazing. So grateful to the Lord that He still is on the throne and works through us!! Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, I just roll over and say, "Okay, Lord, who do I need to pray for?" Must be our upbringing!!!
Wonderful testimony!!!
That's incredible!!
Post a Comment