Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Eat Your Veggies!

I would definitely be a millionaire today if I had a quarter for every time my parent's said to me "Eat Your Vegetables!" I was notorious as a child (and.. ahem.. as an adult) for not eating my vegetables.. particularly if it was a green one. I spent most of my childhood sitting at the kitchen table long after everyone else had been excused staring at vegetables willing them to go away without having to put them in my mouth. Not sure why I have such "veggie trauma" as my hubby calls it, but nevertheless, I have not outgrown it. There are very few "approved" vegetables in my repertoire.

But, low and behold, I have turned a page with a new product on the market.... The V8 V Fusion. This 100% juice product gives a 1/2 cup of fruit and a 1/2 cup of veggies in an 8-ounce glass. They also have a V8 V-Fusion Light version which is lower in calorie. I love this stuff! After a glass of it, you feel like it gets right into your blood system and gives you a boost. I am a particular fan of the Strawberry Banana flavor. Is it a replacement? No... but at least it's a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

Didn't care too much for the green vegies either growing up, but I love them now! My son cannot stand vegies and will only eat raw carrots. Go figure. I bet he would love this drink! Great idea.