Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Word About Glitter

I detest glitter. I already have mentioned that I am not a "crafty" mom. Maybe I should restate that and say, I can do crafts that come in a box with instructions...just don't leave me to my own devices to create something from nothing.

So, not being a crafty mom, I don't have things like glitter in my house. For a reason.. I can not stand glitter. It gets on everything!! You know what I mean. Even glitter on greeting cards -- it gets all over. The only thing worse than glitter in my house is glitter in my car.

My little man excitedly came out of school one day not long ago with an art project. It was still wet and, yes, there was an overabundance of glitter. I guess depriving him of glitter at home just encouraged him to use as much glitter he could possibly place on the paper and bring it home. I tried to contain the paper, but as I mentioned, it was wet and since I don't have eyes behind my head and I was driving, I failed to see that it was being waved around. I had glitter everywhere. On seats, on the floor, on the console between the front seats. This stuff seems to multiply. It got on hands, feet, foreheads, necks.

Thankfully, hubby and I were able to deglitter the van with some heavy duty vacuum. Next time I know that any incoming art project with glitter goes straight into a ziploc.

2 comments:

Lianne said...

You and I have more in common than I realized: http://bamalianne.blogspot.com/2009/01/bitter-about-glitter.html

LOL!

Lois Christensen said...

Well, that sounds like a great idea...a plastic bag! I never would have thought of that. But I don't care for glitter too much either! it does get all over everything and it sticks to everything. Glad you got the car clean!!