We had a proud parenting moment as our little man graduated preschool yesterday. It was a precious ceremony, complete with Chris' own handmade purple cap. We rewarded him afterwards to lunch at the venue of his choice (Applebee's) and followed it with something he wanted to do for a very long time.... a boat ride. We decided to take a ride into NYC and rode the Staten Island Ferry, which much to our shock, was FREE. I guess they figured since it costs you an arm and a leg to drive into the city, not to mention parking, that the least they could do is throw in a free 30 minute ferry ride. He loved the ride and I was so happy to have remembered to bring jackets because that wind can bring quite a chill. We had great views of the Statue of Liberty and lower Manhattan, which honestly, still throws me off without the twin towers to anchor it all.
Anyway, we couldn't be prouder of our little guy and I must say, as leery as I was about his having to switch preschools mid-year, he did great and really thrived in this last preschool. His teachers were amazing and I am just so thankful that he was in such a loving and nurturing place.
Today marks more big things for us... my father is coming up from Florida for a 2 week visit. I told him this morning to pack an umbrella -- it's been raining almost everyday so far in June. Also, today Domingo comes home from the nursing home/rehab center. Please, please, please pray for him and for the family. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law will be caring for him at home and, since he is unable to walk or really care for himself, will require a lot of work on their end. We are still trusting in God every step of the way and believing for miracles in Domingo's recovery. God is good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment