Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One for the books

I had to stock up on band-aids after yesterday's episode. In fact, I used every band-aid we had and "borrowed" some of Chris' Curious George ones as well (he doesn't know about that yet). Anyway, while I was putting away my supplies in our upstairs bathroom, I hear little guy calling for me to come downstairs. So, I replied back down to him that I was just finishing up putting away some supplies and I would be right down.

Next thing I know, he appears in the bathroom with hands on his hips exclaiming to me "Mom, you need to come the first time I call you." That is a line I use on him all the time. I usually have to call him several times (depending on the activity that he is dreading) before he makes his appearance. So, I guess it's fair game in his eyes... if I have to come the first time Mommy calls me then she should have to come the first time I call her too. I gently explained that Mommy had a valid reason why she had to finish her task and that Mommy always responds to his requests in a timely manner.

Ah the joys of parenting.

1 comment:

A House FULL of Grace said...

That is so funny. I can just picture it. At least you know he understands what obedience is supposed to look like!!! We received his flat Stanley and are hoping to get it mailed back tomorrow. What a fun project! I just went to call you and realized it's 6:30 -- probably dinner time for you. I'll try again tomorrow! Big hugs!