Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Whisper

You ever have one of those days when the Lord wakes you up early and you feel the need to pray? That happened to me today at 5:00. Prayed for a while and went back to sleep. When I woke up at 7:00 am I went about my morning activities, but I felt the Lord whispering to me to stop what I was doing and get down on my knees. So, not sure why I was praying or who I was praying for, but I got down and prayed yet again. I covered a lot of friends and family in those early morning prayers. I may never know the reason for today's prayers. I'm not writing this to brag about how I obey God's voice, because the truth is I'm sure I've missed it more than once. I just hope this encourages you to listen to the gentle voice of the Lord prompting you throughout your day -- whether it's to pray for someone or maybe call someone.

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2

3 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

This happens quite often to me, usually when I want to sleep! I finally just start praying! Love the verse!

Anonymous said...

This happens to me also, Beth. Most of the time a specific person comes to mind. I know it's the Lord and I know I must pray, and I do. It brings such wonderful peace. So happy you are feeling better.

A House FULL of Grace said...

Love the whisper and am always honored when God chooses to use me in this way. I especially love it when I find out that something was happening in someone's life and I was called on to pray.

I love you, dear Sister and pray you are well. I want to talk to you so badly. My day always slows down around 3:00 and by then I think "they're having dinner" or "Steve's just getting home" and on and on and I neglect to call. Will try harder...hopefully Friday.

Love to you and big hugs to my favorite Christopher and your awesome husband!