I guess what has transpired over the last few days was only to be expected since we've been to two funerals since the beginning of the year. We've talked a lot about death, heaven and how to properly behave at a funeral. I'm not sure all of our talks are quite sinking into our 5 year old. When he learned we were going to attend another funeral, his first response was "Yeah... a funeral" in his cutest, most high pitch voice. Not exactly the reaction I was expecting. In his short experience, he has learned that mommy packs his "Cars" back-pack with all kinds of snacks and entertainment material ranging from coloring books, playing cards and anything else that will keep him quiet enough to sit through a funeral service. So, for him, it sounds like fun I guess. Most funeral homes have a large room and sometimes an overflow area which is where Chris likes to hang out. He feels that's the "kids room".
Well today I was putting away laundry upstairs in our bedrooms and heard him talking to his stuffed animals as follows:
"Hi animals. Welcome to Christopher's funeral room (his bedroom). You three animals go on the blue pillow which is heaven. The rest of you sit on the white pillow and then we will sing some songs. There is no loud talking allowed and no running around."
It's so amazing what kids take away from their experiences....
4 comments:
Growing up as a PK we went to a lot of funerals, but I never pretended to go to a funeral with my stuffed animals! Teach Sunday School with them, yes, but funeral, no! What a bright, imaginative son you have!!!! Enjoy your day!!
How cute and how smart is your handsome son!!!! It's amazing what children will pick up! Keeps us on our toes! I'm still smiling over "this is my wife Beth" :)
Have a great day!
That is too adorable. Bet you never guessed how easy it is to give a kid "play" material, did you?! Give him big hugs from us please! Love yoU!
Beth, I gave you an award on my blog! Stop by and pick it up! Hope your weekend is going great!
Post a Comment