How would you like your waffle? On the floor or burnt... because that's the only two ways I could make them one day last week. You know how it is as a mom.. you rush around like a crazed lunatic in those early morning hours doing 10 things at once.. combing hair, brushing teeth, packing a lunch, folding laundry, cleaning up a spill and trying to get breakfast on the table. The other morning I made myself two delicious looking waffles... topped off with butter, syrup and applesauce..just the way my mom used to serve them to me. I was so anxious to devour them that as I turned to put them on the table, one of them slid off my plate and plopped right onto the kitchen floor. Needless to say, that poor waffle wound up in the garbage. No problem... make another. Popped it into the toaster oven and I was off writing my to do list, making beds, checking emails, etc. When the toaster oven chimed to let me know my waffle was ready, I was so saddened to see that it was burnt beyond recognition. By that time, I HAD no time, so I ate it.
My husband came down and he suggested a bowl of cereal...
3 comments:
Don't tell Liz you had waffles from a "box."
I went to the doctor yesterday for this bad throat and the nurse did a strep test and after I was brave to show Michael that it didn't really make me want to throw up the nurse drops the swab on the floor and has to redo the test. Fun.
Can't believe Chris is going into first grade!!!
I only make waffles from scratch on the weekends...
Ha! When Michael was 2 he went through a stage of eating only waffles for dinner. Needless to say they were the frozen kind.
Post a Comment