Friday, May 7, 2010

Busyness

My devotional earlier this week was on busyness and I thought how appropriate since there is hardly ever a time when I don't feel busy. The author was cautioning the readers to not be so busy that you don't take time to get quiet before God to hear what he's trying to tell you. He longs to speak to us and to answer our many requests, but do we ever stop long enough to spend time praying and focusing on Him, or worshipping Him to get the answers that we are seeking?

The other day was particular busy for me.. my to do list was 2 pages long and I was overwhelmed. The last thing I wanted to do was return phone calls, but I knew I should. So, I dialed a friend who had left me a message and 2 minutes into the conversation, I was so glad that I took time out of my busy day to call. She needed a friend, a Christian friend, to pray with her over a particular need. I've been in her shoes when I've had days when a friend called me at just the right time, to utter just the right words, or pray with me when I needed it most. That's when I realized that there are some days when I'm busy and doing good things, but maybe it's not the right kind of busy.

I was really challenged that day to make time even in my busyness to listen to God's voice and to pray for Him to direct me to the activities that He wants me to accomplish that day. So, I'd like to encourage you to take a moment each day and ask God to direct you in the midst of your busy life towards the activities that would be blessing to Him.

No comments: