Thursday, May 27, 2010

Man, It's HOT

Today I remembered why I hated going to school in May and June. THE HEAT! Oh my word. Today I spent 2 1/2 hours in Chris' school helping with various activities. I don't know why I bothered to shower this morning, because I was dripping with sweat when I left there today. Stale, hot air... that's all that flowed through the school. It brought back memories of my own school days. Relentless heat and teacher's trying to get you to pay attention when all you can think of is a cold drink and a swim.

I don't know about you, but I'm staying in with the air conditioner on... with any luck I'll catch a nap (and another shower) too!

3 comments:

Mylka said...

Just be thankful you don't live in the tropics. Here you step out of the refreshing shower and start sweating again. It's REALLY irritating.

Busy Mom in CA said...

And you think that living in Florida for 4 years would have taught me how to cope with the heat... oh well. Next time we are in Puerto Rico, Mylka, we must definitely get together with our families.

Mylka said...

I definitely look forward to meeting you. Tell Steve to loosen the purse strings a little and bring you over (don't let him read that or I won't hear the end of it...LOL). Trust me...I've lived all my life here and I still don't learn. You have one advantage though...you get to see the seasons change. Here there is no such thing. Every place has it's own innate beauty.