Thursday, May 13, 2010

Celebrations

In my family, it just seems that celebrations just roll one into another. The first half of the year is just packed with birthdays, anniversaries and the common celebrations like Valentine's day, mother's day, etc. We finally get a little reprieve around the end of June and then it picks up in November. This past week was not exception. Mother's Day and then Steve's birthday. Of course little man was still on the prowl for a gift for himself. On Mother's Day he lovingly wrapped his arms around me and said, "Happy Mother's Day Mommy.. I love you.... (insert pause) "Do I get a gift for loving you?" He's too funny... He just thinks it's all about him and usually it is LOL. That's what happens when you have one child.

We are having a great week... even if it feels like winter. I had just started putting all our sweaters away when we got slammed with a cold spell. I'd like to personally tell mother nature that we are over it...bring on spring and summer.

Hope you all had a blessed mother's day and that your families are all happy and healthy.

No comments: