Monday, March 1, 2010

Proud Moment

We attended a birthday party for one of Christopher's classmates over the weekend. During cake time, I noticed that Christopher was helping one of his friends put the straw in her juice box. The girl's mom leaned over to me and told me that Christopher helps her with the straw every day in school. I had not idea -- it's not one of those things he ever brought up in conversation or would I have had the opportunity to really observe in the past. My heart just melted at this little simple act of kindness. You see, this little girl was the first friend he made when we moved here to NJ. She has some sensory issues and is the sweetest little thing. I seriously struggled to hold back tears and it just warmed my heart so to see that he's getting it... he's learning to care for others... to be kind.. to be Christ-like. What more could you want as a parent.

I just thank God for a little boy with a gentle heart.

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

I had to hold back tears also. That is so sweet!