Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Shopping

When I was a pre-teen and teenager, one of the highlights of each Easter was singing in the Youth Choir and shopping for an Easter dress, new shoes and new handbag. Every year, Mom and Dad made sure that money was put aside so my sister and I could each purchase a new outfit. It meant a full day at two different malls in search of the perfect outfit.

One year in particular was particularly memorable. Ruth and I went shopping at the same mall but split up. I went my way and she went hers. Several hours later we met up again and headed home. When we arrived we quickly pulled out our treasures to model for the other only to discover we bought the EXACT same shoes and handbag... same color and all. Of all the stores and all the hundreds of choices we picked the same thing. Thankfully our dresses were different, but we had a good chuckle. You'd think we were twins or something.

So, although I don't get to spend Easter with my sister, I always think of her and this particular shopping experience. Miss you sis!!

No comments: