Had an awesome time in Orlando from Friday to Saturday. Learned so much, meet some great women and was inspired by so many of the speakers there. Came home with a beautiful pearl and silver bracelet that I earned as well as a star necklace and free products! Spending time with my sister was, of course, a pleasure as well. Here are some highlights, lowlights and other observations from my trip:
1) The only thing worse than having a cheerleading squad on your flight is having TWO cheerleading squads from competing high schools on your flight... oh yeah, and you are sitting directly in the middle of them.
2) For all of those praying for me -thank yo. I had a very uneventful flight -- your prayers helped -- I had no fears and was quite calm.
3) Jet Blue is definitely the way to go... Any airlines that allows me to watch HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Bravo, and all the network channels while in flight, will get my business.
4) In case you were wondering, the cost of having a pillow and blanket while on board is $7.00. I say go buy yourself a Snuggie and bring it with you.
5) Orlando airport is not as Magical as Disney. I felt like cattle being corralled back into my pen just trying to get through security. Totally unorganized.
6) I love my career and the fact that I work for a company who stresses the Golden Rule and that everyone should put God first, Family second and Career third. How great is that?
Most horrific moment of the last 2 days had to be when rushing to change before checking in my luggage yesterday. I wanted to be comfortable for flying. My routine is to enter into a handicap bathroom stall to open my luggage and get out some comfy clothes. This worked fine on the trip down to Orlando, but when I went to repeat my "Superman" move of changing clothes, there were no oversized stalls available and I didn't have time to wait. So, I squeezed into a regular stall and you all know how small they are. Me, my luggage and purse. I had already pulled out my jeans and my "granny legs" aka. leg brace (have to wear one to prevent repeat blood clots). But I forgot socks... which meant I had to open up my entire suitcase to pull them out. So, balancing my favorite black skirt which I had just taken off and my pantyhose, I tried to gracefully open up my suitcase. But, as fate would have it, my beloved black skirt took a nose dive into the toilet bowl in the Orlando airport. Thank God I had flushed. The thoughts of the germs in there alone was enough to freak me out.. .but it was my favorite skirt. What would YOU do??? Of course I quickly grabbed it out, stuffed it in a plastic bag I had and after debating with myself for 30 seconds, made the executive decision to take it home. Call me crazy but I couldn't make up my mind at that precise moment. I figured I would either get it professionally washed or throw it out once I got here.
Oh well... the drama. Pictures (not of the skirt) to follow. LOL
1 comment:
And I was so looking forward to the pictures of the skirt. Glad you had fun and you're doing so well!!!!
Post a Comment