Friday, January 1, 2010

Starting 2010 On the Right Foot

Instead of a new year's resolution, I'm picking a scripture that I hope to closely follow as I live out my day-to-day life. It's found in I Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV):

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

Sounds like it has all the makings of a happy life -- to give praise, to pray constantly and to give thanks for everything... so "simple" in theory but hard to act out when life throws you some curve balls. Maybe you'll join me in posting this verse somewhere around your house to serve as a reminder of what God's will for us is... this is how he wants us to live the lives he has blessed us with.

"Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden." Corrie ten Boom

Happy 2010 everyone! So glad you're on this journey with me.

1 comment:

Aunt Carol said...

Hi Beth...I'm glad to be on the journey with you! I'll claim this scripture with you!for 2010. Have a wonderful, blessed, healthy New Year! Love you!