Friday, January 22, 2010

A New Name Written In Glory

On Saturday a wonderful thing happened.... my little boy asked Jesus into his heart. I've prayed about this day for years and I was so excited to be there to see it happen. I just never expected it to result from a conversation I had with him about STAR WARS... Yes, you read that right.. STAR WARS. As in the movie.. and also his very favorite Wii game - Lego Star Wars.

The game was his introduction to "bad guys" as he calls them. He has to shoot these little lego guys in order to move on to the next level. He has no problem attacking them, killing them and mastering this game... but it also had him thinking... deeply. So, on Saturday, after playing the game for a while, he asked me about bad guys. "Mom...what happens to bad guys? What if I was hit by a bad guy and was killed? Where would I go? What would happen?"

So, I explained to him about heaven and hell and then presented the salvation story and opportunity to him. Right there in his grandfather's living room in South Jersey. He listened intently and asked some more questions and when I asked if he knew where he wanted to spend eternity, he said yes... in heaven. So, I led him in prayer and at that moment, he made me feel like the proudest mom in the world.

I guess it just goes to show you that even in simple, every day activities there is always an opportunity to share the love of God and to use it as a teaching point.

2 comments: