Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly... Leave the rest to God!
Friday, January 8, 2010
I'd Like An Order of Trans-Fat on the Side, Please
It's that time of the year again.... those 3 wonderful words.... Girl Scout Cookies. I used to LOVE Girl Scout Cookies (GSC) and I did my part by buying boxes and boxes of them each year. A few years ago, however, my love affair with GSC ended. I had purchased my usual Tagalongs and, much to my dismay, they made me sick to my stomach. At first I try to blame my sour stomach on something else I ate. But the next day, I had 2 more cookies, and again, my stomach was a mess. I didn't want to admit it, but the cookie was making me sick. It never did that before. I wondered what was different. After some research, I learned that they took the trans-fat out of the cookie to make it healthier. Well, apparently my stomach doesn't like the healthier version of this cookie. It revolts against it as a matter of fact. So, ever since, I have no longer purchased GSC... it makes me sad, but unless they bring back the trans-fat, they won't be getting my support. Kind of sad and twisted, don't you think!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment