Friday, January 15, 2010

Growing Up ...(sigh)

I called Chris in for lunch yesterday and during our casual conversation he turned to me and said, "Mom, please don't call me Chris... my name is Christopher". My mouth almost dropped to the floor... he's asserting himself... finding his own way in the world... developing preferences. Last week he chastised me for calling him my "baby"... "No, Mommy... I'm a big boy now." He's 6 now... I'm not ready for this... now a name change. Not that I always call him Chris, but knowing that he prefers Christopher, well, that's just part of him growing up and developing his own personality.

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

Very sad, I know!!!

Michael does not want me calling him "Dear" or "Hon" or even my favorite, "Michael Boy." He gets a little annoyed at me and will call me "Mother" if I call him one of those names. So now I'm trying really hard to call him just "Son." He likes that.

Breaks your heart doesn't it when they grow???

Enjoy!