You'll be happy to know that I've managed to successfully navigate the notorious LA highways BY MYSELF without incident... okay, perhaps one wrong turn, but I am blaming that on my GPS. Everything you have heard about LA highways are true.. they are big, they are crowded and there is a ton of traffic. But, having said that, I honestly don't see what the big difference is from NY highways and traffic. In fact, I dare say that the traffic at least crawls here in CA as opposed to dead stand stills in NYC. I am happy that my first road trip without my husband was a success and I feel more confident in using the highways to get around.
On the house hunting front, we've seen over a dozen places... honestly, I feel like I have just finished shooting a week's work of house hunter episodes. Trust me when I say that house hunting is a full time, agonizing, stressful job that can definitely put a strain on your sanity. And that's only when you are looking to RENT a property let alone BUY one.
Here's a photo of what you DO NOT want to see on the entrance to the community you are looking to live in.. don't worry, we didn't even step inside this building..
We'll save the "buying a home headache" for a later date. We felt it was more important to rent initially and get comfortable with a community/school, etc. before taking the plunge and mortgaging my life away in the ridiculously over-priced real estate market here in LA. I am happy to say that we have found a house that looks extremely promising. Hope to have more news on that later this week, so please pray for us especially this week!
In other news, Steve is hard at work at MundoFox. If you are interested, the "launch" is next Monday at 6:00 pm Eastern Time so check your listings for channel information. We are all pretty excited although I am still traumatized that I won't be able to see ANY of the broadcasts my husband is overseeing because they are ONLY airing on the east coast.. ironic, isn't it? LOL. Thanks to my Dad who is going to tape a few for me.
Off to the local supermarket for a few last minute things. Looking forward to some quiet time at the pool later today (it's a tough job, but someone has to do it!)
Here's a photo of the sunset we got to enjoy at the Manhattan Beach Pier last night. Have a great day everyone!
1 comment:
So glad you are blogging again! Enjoy your new adventure there in CA...we miss you! :) Love ya!
Post a Comment