Thursday, August 30, 2012

Working Women

Whether you work in a job outside the home or if you work by staying home with your family, you are a working woman.  I have been on both sides of the table and both are tough jobs!  Now that I am a work at home mom again, I am rediscovering how hard it is to keep the home and family on task and organized. 

I wanted to share a verse with you that I think applies to women regardless of whether you work in or out of your home.  "And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men." Colossians 3:23 

I had that verse posted on my desk at work for the last year.  There were some days I was pulling my hair out or was so stressed that I needed this reminder that I am doing all this hard work NOT for my boss, but for God.  That I had to give it my all for HIM and pray that others will see Him through me and my work.

Now that I am home full time with Christopher again, I find myself needing this reminder just a much! I need to take care of my family and the work around our house with a cheerful heart as doing it unto the Lord, and not just for the benefit of my family.  I find putting on some uplifting music sets the right tone at home.  Hope this verse will bless you too!

No comments: