Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Change is in the Air (again!)

You know it's been a while since you've blogged when you forget your log in ID and passcode!  So sorry.  I can't believe my last post was in January!!  I'm sure you are all saying "it's about time" and I hope you've missed me.  I know several of you personally connect with me on facebook so you know all about the adventures, trials and joys that my family and I have experienced in these last few months. My hope is to give you a more "behind the scenes" look at what's been happening.

Our journey has taken us to California and that is where I am blogging from. So this NJ Housewife has switched coasts and I guess I'm an OC Housewife even though I am technically further north than the OC.  My body is still on east coast time so give me some grace as I am adjusting to a new time zone and a new life all at once.  Talk about stepping outside your comfort zone! 

Thought I'd leave you today with my list of what I'll miss about NJ and what I am loving about CA... will blog again soon (I promise!!)

What I will miss about NY/NJ:
- My family and friends
- Dunkin' Donuts (I am outraged that there are NONE in California-- feel free to send me a care package!)
- Delicious fresh NY bagels/pizza (again.. care package!)
- Not having to pump gas (Jersey Girls don't pump gas! LOL)
- Watching the leaves change colors
- Celebrity spottings (most recently the Manzo boys on the Garden State Parkway!) -- although one could argue that I will likely be seeing more celebrities here... So far.. zero

What I love about CA so far!
- the SUN !
- the temperature
- being close to a beach -- always!
- the relaxed pace
- not having to WORK in NYC every day! (Woohoo!!)
- Did I mention the abundant SUNSHINE?

2 comments:

Liz said...

Well you will be so missed here. Enjoy the sunshine and your new life...Love you!

Lois Christensen said...

Loving the idea of joining the adventure with you through blogging!