Up until two weeks ago, many of you know I had spent the last year working in NYC for one of the world's largest executive search firms. l was blessed with a great job working for a fantastic company. It was certainly a sacrifice of time .. A big commute via express bus into NYC each day as well as time away from my family. My days started at 5:15 am and most days I would roll into our front door around 7:15 pm... But the one thing I could count on every day...no matter what type of day I had in the office...no matter what time I got home at night was being greeted by my hubby and son at the front door. Not just with a hug, but as I walked in they would stop whatever they were doing and run to the front door to greet me with a thunderous round of applause. At first it took me off guard..it's not every day you enter a room let alone your home and receive applause. I came to love this..it made me feel so special and so appreciated. God knows you are not getting applauded at work for a job well done...it was so nice to get that validation from the people I love most.
Thanks you Steve for always making each day so special! I hope to continue the tradition now that Chris and I will be the ones to greet you each evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment