Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I met you as a teen and you became a good friend. Although you drifted out of my life when I went off to college, I thought of you every now and then throughout the years. There were some years of great joy, and of deepest sorrow while we went our separate ways, but all along God knew that those experiences were helping me grow. You see, I had to dance on the mountain top and get lost in the valley in order for God to make me who I am today. I wasn't ready to be your wife back when I first met you, but God new that when we reconnected 15 years after that first encounter, I would be ready. That WE would be ready. It was so easy to fall in love with someone I already considered a good friend.

Happy Valentine's Day to the one who got away... but then walked back into my life... just in time to steal my heart forever. I love you STEVE!

I thank God for the broken road that lead me straight to you!!

No comments: