Wednesday, February 23, 2011

If You Had....

Saw an interesting conversation on Facebook a few weeks ago and thought I'd throw it out to you. If you had enough money to hire ONE person to help you out who would you hire? A Nanny... A Personal Chef... or a Housekeeper?

My first reaction was housekeeper.. help me keep a home clean, do laundry, load and unload and reload and unload the dishwasher.. umm YES! Please! But only if that housekeeper learned to clean from someone like my mom.. .who taught us to get on your hands and knees to clean the floors if you know what I mean.

But then I thought, well I think what I would REALLY love is a personal assistant. Someone to fill out forms, go grocery shopping, unload the groceries, make all the doctor appointments, answer phone calls, respond to mail, party invites, etc.

So after feeling that I made the wisest decision, I shrugged my shoulders and realized that all those tasks and responosibilities that often times feel unfulfilling, unrewarding and under appreciated are what make me the Mom.. the wife.. the friend that I am. God has purposes for even these insignificant little things and I don't think I want to let go of them. Well..maybe for a day. How's tomrorrow?

No comments: