Friday, February 4, 2011

Give It Away

My jaw almost hit the floor when I heard my 7 year old make this announcement on the way home from school today, "Mom.. I think we can give away all my Thomas the Tank Engine trains at the next garage sale."

"Really!?!"
"Yes.. I don't watch Thomas anymore and don't play with the trains, so we can get rid of them."
"Well... we could try to sell them or is there some other little boy that you think might enjoy them?"

He immediately named his best friend's brother who is almost 3 and an avid Thomas enthusiast. "Next time we go to their house we can bring him some Thomas toys." I also encouraged him to leave a few here just so when his best friend and his brother come over there are some toys for the little one to play with here.

So proud that he's ready and willing to bless others with things that were once "treasures" to him. I'm just beaming today because he also received a great report card and for those of you who know some of the history regarding some of the challenges he had, let me tell you that God is so good and continues to do a great work in our boy.

No comments: