Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunday

So, yesterday turned into an interesting day. We arrived home from church and I had just sat down to finish watching a movie when I noticed what looked like a dark spot on our carpet in the area between our living room and dining room. At first I thought maybe Chris had spilled something so I went over to investigate. It was about a 12 inch area that was wet. I asked Chris and he said he hadn't been over in that area... his thought was that maybe my husband's shoes were wet when he came inside. We had a ton or rain that day, but I knew that was not likely since we always take our shoes off when we come inside the house. So, as I am standing there investigating the spot, a drop of water lands on my head. That can't be good... I look up and sure enough there is a 12 inch area of water droplets on the ceiling sheetrock. We are standing directly below the bathroom. Then I notice another, smaller area in the ceiling that has water droplets on it as well.

This is the part where I become thankful... what? Thankful.. Yes, thankful. You see, I was supposed to be in Dallas, but I was home instead. My husband was home. We weren't on vacation somewhere. We had caught this early. Not only that, but God puts people in our lives for a reason. My good friend's husband is a general contractor... who happened to be home and able to come right over with his truck and tools. He was able to get the sheetrock down, and we have a plan in place for fixing the problem. (Believe it or not a neighbor had a similar problem so we have to recaulk the bathroom!) So, I was thankful - even though this is an inconvenience... God still takes care of us.

Here's a picture of what our living room/dining room looks like now. And how was your Sunday?

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

Oh my! We had the same thing happen to us one Sunday years ago in our house in Paterson. Thankfully we found out BEFORE we left for church or I should say never got to church. Phil had to work and left after he called a plumber for me who proceeded to tear apart the ceiling to look for the leak that was finally found. I had the joy of cleaning it up and when Phil came home he had to find someone to fix the plaster ceiling. Much more difficult to find someone who works with plaster, but we did and it looked like there never was a leak a few weeks later. Hope you get everything back to normal soon!!