Chris was invited to a birthday party today at Chuck E Cheese's... my former pastor used to joke that the concept of Chuck E. Cheese came from the pit of hell -- a room of screaming kids where all you do is watch them go insane for a few hours and willingly give them money to do so. Anyway, Chris was so young the last time we went there, that he didn't remember any of it so he was really looking forward to going today.
Now, the closest Chuck E Cheese is easily 45 minutes away (which, I have concluded, is a good thing. During the whole drive all I heard was "How far to Chuckie Jesus? How far to Chuckie Jesus?" I said Christopher, it's Chuck E Cheese.. not Chuckie Jesus.. He didn't believe me until he saw the sign. It was truly a good laugh.
2 comments:
The Harrisburg Chuck E Cheese IS the pit of hell. PARENT conduct has gotten so bad there on the weekends that they now have a uniformed policeman on duty. Now I know why the kids are such a mess.
That is so cute!
I'll never forget when Ruth had Rachel's party there one year. Michael was just a little over a year old and every time Chuckie and his friends came out to sing Michael started screaming! He was so afraid. I had to take him out of the room each time.
Enjoy!
Post a Comment