Even though this is our third summer here in Western New Jersey, yesterday was our first visit to the Land of Make Believe, a wonderful little amusement and water park located about 20 minutes from our front door.
We've known about it for years, but one thing or another always got in the way of us going there. But, with Steve having a day off yesterday and the weather calling for a scorcher, it seemed like the perfect time to check it out.
We had SO much fun. If you have kids under the age of 12, I think they would love it. For those who have never been, it's like Dutch Wonderland (except not as big). The park is really geared for toddlers (I'd say kids under 12... we didn't see too many teenagers there). The water park alone was worth the trip. Chris had a ton of fun on the pirate ship which had many slides and dozens of places to use water guns and other gadgets. They had another pirate fort, a huge wading pool which was great for babies and toddlers and at least 4 or 5 water slides (That's where the tweens and teenagers were). Something for everyone.
We did the amusement park as well - It was the first time we could truly just sit back and watch Chris go on the rides. We didn't have to strap him in or ride with him. He's tall enough to do most rides for himself. Made me proud and sad all at the same time.
I guess you could say that the only thing I was wishing for at the Land of Make Believe was that I could "make believe" time would stand still and that our little boy would always be six and having the time of his life!
If you've never been, check out their website
No comments:
Post a Comment