Saturday, July 24, 2010

Keeping My Mind Busy

I have been on an emotional roller coaster this week. I wish I could chalk it up to PMS and not having access to chocolate, or being on a diet which is making me cranky, but the truth is much deeper and more personal. I'm painfully aware that this was the week my baby would have been born. Trust me, I have given myself the pep-talks that this was part of God's plan and that he knows better than I, but did I truly have to see and be around a ton of babies everywhere I went this week? In the restaurants, in the grocery stores, etc. Just was a little more than I could handle... and I'm usually a tough cookie. So, you'll have to pardon me if I take a few more days to pull myself back together.

My sister, niece and nephew are arriving tomorrow for a short visit. I am so excited and I've been getting our house ready. It's been a great distraction -- family is always a good cure for the blues.

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

Sorry Beth.

Hopefully having Ruth, Rachel and Matthew will help brighten the coming days!