Thursday, June 24, 2010

You Had Me At Hello

The minute we walked into the pediatric dentist's office... they had me. This dental office is like nothing I had ever experienced in my life. When you walk in, the check-in counter is on the left and the game room... yes, game room is on the right. Parents on the left, kids on the right. Pac-Man, Tetris (the classic huge video games) are the centerpiece of the game room with various toys and activities that keep the kids engaged until it's their turn.

Each kid picks out 3 items from the "menu". Kid-flavored floss, fluoride, toothpaste, etc. I wish I had a dentist like this when I grew up. The dental hygienist couldn't have been nicer and the kids are active, happy participates. There is no crying in this office -- kids just love to come here. Today Chris was assigned to the "Star Wars" room. I thought his eyes were going to bulge out of his head when he walked in there. Star Wars is his favorite (for now) and he was just blown away by all the cool spaceships, posters from the movies, light sabers, photos and movie memorabilia that they had in this room.

He did so well.. no cavities! On the way out, he asked the dentist if they had a Batman room because he likes batman too. (They don't).

Whoever dreamt up this office was a marketing genius. Totally suited for kids. Wish I could go there. They have a princess room for girls -- I could deal with that.

No comments: