Friday, April 23, 2010

Guys Day

Every Friday that Steve is off from work is "Guys Day". Chris loves this day because it is the one day of the week that Steve will drive him to school in the convertible. It's a big deal and he loves it. Occasionally I am invited along. Today was not one of those days and it's okay because on these special days I actually gain an extra half hour into my day. It's an amazing thing.

Now don't get carried away with visions of me rolling over in bed for an extra half hour of sleep. That simply does not happen. In fact, today's half hour included sweeping and mopping, vacuuming and now a quick blog entry. Who knew that an extra half hour could mean so much to a happy homemaker!?

I have a few more minutes of alone time and since I already did my devotions and I'm scheduled to go walking with a friend in about 20 minutes, maybe I can sit down and just rest for a minute! What a concept!!!

No comments: