I love buying cards... I put a lot of thought usually into birthday cards and anniversary cards, especially for my husband. So, this year I got the perfect card, filled it out and had it ready to go. The day before our anniversary, I was cleaning out a draw in my bedroom and discovered some cards from the previous year. Birthday cards, Mother's Day cards, anniversary cards and just really was going through them. It's nice to go back and see what people have written to you.
Anyway, as I was going through the stack of cards, I discovered THE SAME EXACT CARD THAT I JUST BOUGHT MY HUSBAND. Yep.. I had managed for two years in a row to buy him the same card. I've come to the conclusion that Hallmark must have fallen on tough times and they have not been able to hire new writers or give pay increases to their current ones. That must be the case if only ONE card draws my attention.
The icing on the cake was when my husband gave me THE SAME EXACT CARD that he bought me last year on our anniversary. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have known the difference except I had just cleaned out that drawer of cards. Needless to say, we had quite the laugh. Next year I'm just going to make one out of construction paper and glitter..well, maybe not glitter.
1 comment:
My mother kept a card she gave to my dad for his birthday and gave it to him for each year. He never knew this and made such a big deal over the card every year. Finally after the fourth year she told us all and we got a big kick out of it, except my dad. He loved getting cards and reading them.
I, on the other hand, HATE picking out cards. I don't know why. I just dislike standing there reading all the mushy cards, etc, trying to find one that is just right.
Funny story Beth!
Post a Comment