Christopher had a great first day of school - he liked his teacher, his classroom and knowing a few of the kids already went a long way to help him through his first day. I thought we'd start a tradition of doing something special on his first day -- lunch out and then he could pick one store to buy a little something special. When I announced this new tradition, he looked at me and said, "Mom... I'd really just like to stay home for lunch and play games with you.... then we can go to Michael's so I can pick out a craft, ok?" He must have been really tired (or missed me and just wanted some one-on-one time). So, I made his favorite lunch/snack (piggies in a blanket) and we played board games for most of the afternoon.
It was getting late in the day so we headed out to Michaels, only to have the "low tire pressure" light come on. You can read about my last episode with our tire pressure here. Anyway, I pulled into our local mechanic and, to make a long story short, they were not going to be able to fix the tire... something about too many plugs in it already, blah, blah, blah. So, 4 new tires had to be put on the car (we were due for new tires anyway, but were hoping to squeak by for another month or so before making that investment). Then, the mechanic tells me that my brakes were shot, so we wound up getting those fixed too. I won't even tell you how much that little trip to the mechanic cost yesterday... let's just say I was glad Chris only wanted to buy a craft from Michaels because I was not about to drop any more money for anything after that !
All in all, it was a great day and he excitedly got ready for his second day. I've already started knocking out some much needed cleaning and organizing.
On a side note, please pray for Domingo who is in the hospital again. He has some pain/discomfort and the doctors are observing him for a few days. Thanks!!
1 comment:
Been there with the tire thing! I drove home from church a few Wednesday nights ago and the lovely sign came on also but I ignored it until we were about 3 miles from home and the notice came up, "EXTREMELY low tire pressure." Michael kept telling me to pull over and I said, "Are you kidding me?" First of all it was POURING rain, not just a drizzle, but pouring. Second, it was DARK. Third, there is no place to really pull over on this dark country road and the most important reason? I was having too good of a hair day to even ruin it looking at a flat tire.
Glad Chris did well. Sounds so sweet that he just wanted to spend time with you. He reminds me a lot of my son, who is still very sweet and caring towards me.
Hope all goes well with your father-in-law!!!
Post a Comment