Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Birthday Dream

It was the night before my 32nd birthday (my mom passed away 2 years before that). I guess I was thinking about her before I went to sleep so she was on my mind. I was sound asleep and in my dream I was back in my childhood home in Queens, NY. I was busy getting ready for work, rushing around when the phone rang. Since I was running late, I decided to let the answering machine get it. After the beep, I heard, "Hi Beth... this is Mom. I'm just calling to wish you a very Happy Birthday and to let you know that I love you very much and I'll see you soon. Have a great day". It was totally my Mom's voice, complete with New York accent. The next thing I knew, I could see her face as clear as could be. It was as if she were reaching down from heaven to give me a kiss. It was as if I could just reach out and touch her. At that moment, my eyes popped open and I was of course alone in my bedroom in Lancaster, PA. It was the perfect start to my birthday -- how cool was that for God to give me a special birthday greeting from my Mom in heaven.

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

What a sweet story. Sometimes I have dreams of my dad also and truly feel as if he were with me. I wonder if it's God's way of letting us know that our loved ones are really okay and watching over us. Great post.