Thursday, March 12, 2009

Promises, Promises

Don't you hate it when someone promises you something and then doesn't follow through?? Ugh!! This is certainly disappointing on adults, and I remember being devastated as a child when plans had to change and a promise could not be kept.

This hymn came to mind yesterday as I was driving back from visiting my father-in-law at the hospital. God never breaks a promise...ever! Every promise he makes is for each of us! Hope this hymn stays with you and encourages you today. Please pray for Domingo today as he has a tracheotomy today.

Every promise in the Book in mine
Every chapter every verse, every line;
All the blessings of His love divine,
Every promise in the Book in mine

2 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Don't you just love those old hymns? And can't you just close your eyes and you're right back in Bethlehem singing them on a Sunday morning? Great song and great promises! Enjoy your day. Hope your father-in-law's procedure goes well today.

Lianne said...

Amen and amen!

I am praying God's blessings on you and your family today!