Quick praise report and then a story that's been on my heart. Domingo was able to slightly move his paralyzed arm and the neurologist felt resistance in the arm last night! Praise the Lord! We are just amazed at God's goodness and how he is working in Domingo's body. Please continue your prayers.
A few months ago, Chris was not using kind words when talking to me... just being bossy as 5 year old tend to do. I asked him if that is how Jesus wants him to talk to me and he said, " Mommy, I don't want to talk about Jesus right now." He knew that speaking to me like that was not something Jesus would approve of, but rather than repent and move on, he wanted to brush Jesus aside and continue in the behavior. It was funny at the time, but lately I've been thinking more about it.
Isn't that how we are with sin sometime?? We know what we are doing is wrong and not something God would want us to be doing, but that doesn't stop us. We continue in our sin and push God away. Maybe brush him into a corner where we think he can't see what we are doing. Maybe we stop picking up our Bible as often or praying like we should. Perhaps we find time for everything and everyone else and then tell God we are just too busy to find time for him. Who are we fooling???
Someone in my Bible Study once said that their prayer for their kids is that if they ever start down a road that is not of God and they are sinning or maybe in jeopardy of making some bad decisions, that they will get caught in their sin and that they will quickly repent and be put back on the right road. A former pastor of mine said that he and his wife actually laid hands on their sons car while he was in a period of rebellion and prayed over that vehicle that their son would be removed from danger, bad influences and that the Lord would watch over him. As parents, we have to be on the offensive. I'm not sure why this has been on my mind..maybe someone needed to hear this. Or maybe I'll just need this reminder down the road.
1 comment:
Glad to hear the report on your father-in-law. I think we all need that reminder! I often go into my kid's bedrooms and pray over their beds and even while I'm folding their laundry and ironing the clothes they'll be wearing. I often remember waking up in the middle of the night seeing and HEARING my father pray by my bedside. What a wonderful thing we as parents can do for our children...pray!!! Thanks Beth!
Post a Comment