I thought I'd post a story today about an experience we had with Christopher this past week. As I've mentioned, we came down over the weekend to visit my father-in-law who has been hospitalized. There has been no change in his condition since last evening. I was able to spend time with him, he squeezed my hand (with his non-paralyzed hand) and even opened his eyes a few times. He is a fighter and we can see that he's trying to communicate with us and to move that other leg and arm. Please continue praying for him (and us!).
Anyway, while in the hospital last weekend, I had packed Chris' backpack with all sorts of activities to keep him quiet.. I mean "happy and engaged" during the many hours we spent there. He did great! Really great for a 5 year old. As I mentioned in previous posts, one of the best activities for kids is the Crayola Color Wonder set. These markers only appear on Color Wonder paper and the markers won't get on your hands or furniture or anything. So, Chris happily colored lots of pictures and gave a few to my father-in-law, his aunt and uncle and me and my husband. The man who shared a room with my father-in-law at the hospital had a lovely wife who came up to Christopher and asked him if he would make one for her husband. He was excited! So he got to work, and the next day, happily walked over and was able to give the picture to the lady to pass on to her husband.
This must have triggered something in him. Before we knew it, he was drawing lots of pictures and then said to us "I have to find someone to give this to." So, he led my sister-in-law down the corridor of the hospital and selectively picked the person to receive his treasured picture. He just didn't walk into any room. It was the Holy Spirit guiding him to the right person. You could just see it. He would pause outside a room, and if he didn't get the prompting, he would walk away or just say "that's not it". It was awesome to see this little missionary having God lead him to who needed this little precious picture from a little boy. We gave quite a few pictures out that day and many of the patients were hooked up to breathing machines and couldn't verbalize their thank yous... but you could see it on their face and with their hand gestures. It was so heart warming as a parent to see this little boy 'get it". He may have been in the hospital to visit his grandfather...but he let God use him to minister to others in need as well. How awesome is that?
4 comments:
That is a wonderful story! I'm so glad that your boy listens to the promptings of the Spirit. If only I could do that more!
I'm so glad that he was able to minister to all those other folks. I pray your father-in-law continues to improve!
I have tears streaming down my face! How is it that sometimes our children so clearly hear the voice of God and in turn minister His truth to us! What a testimony of obedience, love and sacrifice! God bless you guys as you battle this week. We're praying for you and with you in spirit. Love to you all and Domingo too.
Very sweet story. I hope and pray your father-in-law recovers fully from his stroke and can enjoy many more years with his precious grandson!!!
Wow! That is awesome! Praise God.
Post a Comment