I have been meaning to write this post for a long time, but life and trials and other issues have distracted me. I couldn't wait another day because I need to thank God in advance for what he is doing in a certain area of our lives....our Florida home. It's been a long road and I'd like to share some of the journey with you.
Many of my friends and some family members are on this journey with us. They, too, have homes that are on the market and we are all praying for each other. I received a call several months ago from one of these friends. Her townhouse had been on the market for about 3 months and I have been joining her in earnest prayer that her house would sell. She was very excited on this particular day because she had a very promising lead. A potential buyer was coming back to look at her property a second time and was pre-approved for the mortgage. This was wonderful news for her and I was sincerely happy for this answer to prayer.
A little while later, though, the little thoughts crept into my head... "why is it her house and not yours? Why is God blessing her and not you?" Am I alone in this, or don't we do that sometimes? I know these thoughts are not of God and I know exactly who is behind them. The devil loves nothing more to pull you away from God and from believing that he can do anything - even sell a house in a crummy economy. I had to put negative thoughts away and just remind myself that God's timing is perfect for each situation.. it's not first come, first serve.
We've had our share of ups and downs with this real estate market (to say the least!). We had an offer come in, but the man was not pre-approved so our Bank would not accept the offer as it needs to when dealing with short sale on a home. (A short sale basically means that the sale price and value of our home is lower than the existing mortgage on the property. The seller does not walk away from the sale with any monetary gain.)
I knew deep in my heart that God had been working on the sale of our house long before we even had it on the market. He knew the plans he had for us, the move from FL to NJ and all that it would entail. I firmly believe that he wanted to see if we were willing to leave it all behind and follow him. Were we willing to trust him to sell our home in an unsellable market in order to pursue the plans he had for us? I was thinking of the disciples in the Bible who were told to leave all that they had and follow him. No time to go home and say goodbye to family, or to tie up loose ends, just to go. That's obedience and trust. I think sometimes one of the hardest things God calls us to do is to believe without seeing.
Trust me, it took everything I had on some days to remember that God was in control no matter what as we watched the sale price drop by close to $100,000 over the past year. But God is bigger than a price, people. God doesn't promise us to answer our prayers on our timetable, at our convenience or in the manner that we necessarily will like. It doesn't work that way. All I need to do is ask and believe that he is already working on the answer.
Since January, we've received three offers on our FL home!! The third one just came in yesterday and it was higher than the first two (a little bidding war on our short sale). We are just on waiting for the bank to accept one of these offers.
Please continue to lift us up in prayer during this time that God will have his way with this situation. Thank you to all of you who have been on this journey of prayer for the last 14 months.
Many of my friends and some family members are on this journey with us. They, too, have homes that are on the market and we are all praying for each other. I received a call several months ago from one of these friends. Her townhouse had been on the market for about 3 months and I have been joining her in earnest prayer that her house would sell. She was very excited on this particular day because she had a very promising lead. A potential buyer was coming back to look at her property a second time and was pre-approved for the mortgage. This was wonderful news for her and I was sincerely happy for this answer to prayer.
A little while later, though, the little thoughts crept into my head... "why is it her house and not yours? Why is God blessing her and not you?" Am I alone in this, or don't we do that sometimes? I know these thoughts are not of God and I know exactly who is behind them. The devil loves nothing more to pull you away from God and from believing that he can do anything - even sell a house in a crummy economy. I had to put negative thoughts away and just remind myself that God's timing is perfect for each situation.. it's not first come, first serve.
We've had our share of ups and downs with this real estate market (to say the least!). We had an offer come in, but the man was not pre-approved so our Bank would not accept the offer as it needs to when dealing with short sale on a home. (A short sale basically means that the sale price and value of our home is lower than the existing mortgage on the property. The seller does not walk away from the sale with any monetary gain.)
I knew deep in my heart that God had been working on the sale of our house long before we even had it on the market. He knew the plans he had for us, the move from FL to NJ and all that it would entail. I firmly believe that he wanted to see if we were willing to leave it all behind and follow him. Were we willing to trust him to sell our home in an unsellable market in order to pursue the plans he had for us? I was thinking of the disciples in the Bible who were told to leave all that they had and follow him. No time to go home and say goodbye to family, or to tie up loose ends, just to go. That's obedience and trust. I think sometimes one of the hardest things God calls us to do is to believe without seeing.
Trust me, it took everything I had on some days to remember that God was in control no matter what as we watched the sale price drop by close to $100,000 over the past year. But God is bigger than a price, people. God doesn't promise us to answer our prayers on our timetable, at our convenience or in the manner that we necessarily will like. It doesn't work that way. All I need to do is ask and believe that he is already working on the answer.
Since January, we've received three offers on our FL home!! The third one just came in yesterday and it was higher than the first two (a little bidding war on our short sale). We are just on waiting for the bank to accept one of these offers.
Please continue to lift us up in prayer during this time that God will have his way with this situation. Thank you to all of you who have been on this journey of prayer for the last 14 months.
4 comments:
Very happy for you!! I know how hard this has been for both of you and the Lord will bless you for your patience!!!
Thank you for sharing this testimony of God's faithfulness, Beth. It is such an encouragement as we are preparing to put our own house on the market and I am easily bogged down by feelings of futility. You're right, it's so easy to look around and see others' blessings but wonder where our own are. I only need look around to see that God is taking care of me just fine.
Love you.
What great news Beth! So happy for you and Steve. We'll keep praying that everything goes smoothly and quickly. God's hand is upon you. Have a great day!
Praise the Lord! That is really all I can say, because it's just like "Wow!" God is awesome.
Post a Comment