Five Books On My Bedside Nightstand:
1) The Applause of Heaven - Max Lucado -- a study on the beatitudes... I'm hooked from page one.
2) The Strong-Willed Child - Dr. James Dobson -- awesome stuff, even if your child is not what you would consider "strong willed"
3) The Total Money Makeover - Dave Ramsey -- You may know Dave from Fox News. Love him and his show. Good, practical advice on finance (with a Christian perspective as well!)
4) One Tuesday Morning - Karen Kingsbury - one of my favorite authors. This particular series is about 9/11. Haven't started it yet, but will do so soon.
5) Perfecting Your Purpose - Dr. David Ireland (my senior pastor) - awesome 40 day journey on knowing and pursuing your God given purpose in life.
Just talking about the books is making we want to go do some reading. Have a wonderful weekend.
2 comments:
1. I just love Max Lucado!
2. I have "Bringing up Boys" by Dr. Dobson. I think that one may be a must-read for me, too!
3. My hubby WISHES I'd read this!
4. Read this one at the beach last year. It's a quick, wonderful read!
5. Have nothing here. :)
Be blessed this weekend!
I have the strongwilled child on my nightstand too....must be because we both have preschool age boys!!!
Post a Comment