Friday, March 20, 2009

Five On Friday

You would think that I would have conquered NYC having lived in and around NYC for the majority of my life. Here is a list of five things I have still have not done in the city that never sleeps...

1) Dined at Tavern on the Green
2) Taken a helicopter ride around the city
3) Gone to the Thanksgiving Day parade
4) Visit the Guggenheim Museum
5) Wait in the TKTS line for tickets to a broadway show (although I have been to broadway shows... but not until I was 30 years old !! I'm not making that up.. how sad is that? Let's just say I've been making up for lost time and saw a whole bunch a few years ago.)

How about you? Any things on your list of places still to visit in NYC?

4 comments:

A House FULL of Grace said...

Oh Beth, I'm so sorry!!! I've done all of those except the helicopter ride...and I only lived there for 6 years!!!

Yours and Steve's lists are pretty similar. It really is true that when you live somewhere, it's easy to let the opportunities pass you by. We were just talking about moving and if God takes us far, how many things would we want to cram in and do here before we could leave?!?

Sounds like you're due for an outing! Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth, The only one I did was the Guggenheim. So funny! Saw many shows at Jones Beach Theater yrs. ago, but never on Broadway. But that's O.K. because we love to travel and cruise! :) Have a great day!

Lois Christensen said...

I remember the first time I went to the top of the Empire State Building was BECAUSE I worked in it!!! I was already married!! I agree, when you live some place you never see the things that are so close to you! I've been to Broadway a few times, loved it, but never, ever will I do the helicopter ride!!!

Sue said...

On my list is the Thanksgiving Day Parade. I have a friend from college who is a pastor and a lady in his church her husband worked for Macy's on the parade for many, many years and every year they get tickets for the seats right in front of Macy's. I begged him to "share" one of these years. It's something I really want to do.

Don't want to do the helicopter thing. Have done the TKTS thing but I want to see more plays. I want to spend an entire day just wandering through little art studios and exhibits down in Soho and the Village.

I love the city and so does Erica. I want to spend a day before the girls get out of school and just wander and I want to spend a day with Erica wandering this summer.

Want to "wander" with me one day before school gets out? It would be much more fun with a friend.