Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Do You Have Your Walking Shoes On?

Did you ever wonder what it would be like to have God tell you exactly how your life was going to turn out? I remember as a little girl, I would look out my bedroom window in Queens, NY and wonder where my life would lead me. Some days it seemed the decisions were too big to make... what college to go to (a college in NY or far away), what to major in, what church to attend, whom to date and marry, what job offer to take, etc. It's endless. There are many roads to travel. It seemed overwhelming and many times I wished that someone would just pick it for me... tell me where to go or what to do. Take the pressure off of me. Take the fear of failure away.

But God doesn't operate like that. He wants us to seek him for direction and guidance. Not just in the big, life changing decisions. But in the little day to day things too. I have learned to trust him with my life. Do you believe that he can guide your every footstep? When you learn to ask him to be a part of every decision in your day, it may surprise you as to what opportunities and adventures he presents to you. Now, it may lead you down some very interesting roads...even some painful roads...but a road walked with Jesus is always on a path filled with mercy, grace, forgiveness, freedom, salvation, redemption and love. May today be a great day as you walk with the Lord.

Psalm 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you are walking with the Lord today as you have written a beautiful post. Once again..You have blessed my heart. Beth, you are in my thoughts and prayers, and we continue to pray for Domingo..God is able. Have a blessed day!

Lois Christensen said...

Love the scripture. I couldn't even begin to imagine my life without my wonderful Lord guiding me! I only pray that I'm always listening! Thanks!