Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Come Sit Down and Take A Load Off

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11: 29 (NKJV)

I know that Jesus can carry my burdens. But do I always let him? Do I try to carry it for a while first and then when I am so frustrated because there is nothing I can do about the situation, finally turn it over to Him? He wants to carry my burdens: the ones I know about, and even some burdens that I don't know about. Can you remember a time when you felt peace during a particularly difficult trial that you couldn't possibly explain? That's God carrying your burden. He can lift our anxiety and stress and problems off of us and onto his shoulders. He can replace our worries with peace.... if we can just get over ourselves enough to realize we can't do it ourselves and just trust God. Trust Him with ALL you are facing today.

2 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

I truly believe that in the midst of a storm God has been there holding me. Not just my hand, but my whole body! Great post!

Lianne said...

I needed this today. Thank you for being God's voice in my "ear" (on my screen... =} ) today!