Well.. you all know how I was debating about what to do about today. After much thought, I guess I came up with a compromise. We did send Christopher to school today after much explanation about what today was about and that he was dressing up to pretend to be someone else (Bob the Builder - Construction Worker). It's okay to pretend.. no harm in that. When he's older we can get into more detail over why we are not "celebrating" Halloween.
As far as the rest of it goes, we will be handing out candy if anyone comes to our door which he is totally excited about. We're not going to go around because a) I'm still not feeling good and Steve is working late and b) he doesn't eat chocolate or candy (don't know where that comes from since I love chocolate). So there's really no point of him bringing home a huge bag of candy that his mom and dad will wind up eating (and regretting every pound).
2 comments:
Hi Beth...Chris "the builder" looks like he had a great time! He looks just like you. My kids always went Trick or Treating. It's what you make of it. We had "Trunk or Treat" in church parking lot,w/games,crafts- Great outreach. Hope you are feeling better.
Love Aunt Carol
Yeah, we don't care for the candy here..I mean me - that is..all my kids want these days is candy...after b-fast, lunch and dinner.....wish it would all go away! See you tomorrow.
Post a Comment