Today I was reminded of how precious the faith of a child is. Every Tuesday morning, Chris & I go to a Bible Study at my cousin Liz's church. Chris & Liz's son, David, attend the same 4 year old class while we attend a class (we are studying The Psalms of the Ascent by Beth Moore).
Anyway, I mentioned to Chris that David wasn't going to be at the class today because he was sick. So, without hesitation, Christopher said, "Mom... We need to pray for him". So, Chris led a simple prayer asking God to touch his body and make him better. After his heartfelt Amen, he opened his eyes and said, "Now David will feel better. God is strong and can make us feel better." He knew in his heart that because he asked Jesus to heal his friend, that he would be faithful and do it. No questions asked.. no doubt in his voice.
I don't know about you, but I am striving for more of that faith in my own life. Very precious.
1 comment:
That is awesome. We're doing Beth Moore's Believing God and we are studying just what Christopher already has....childlike faith. Oh how I need more of it too!
Post a Comment