Oh boy... little guy informed me that he was put in time out in nursery school twice on Friday. That's a total of 3 times in one week. The teacher didn't say anything to me (maybe she's waiting until Parent Teacher Conferences this Friday). The offense was grabbing toys from other kids during the free play time and not listening to the teacher's instructions.
It's hard when you are not there to see what's happening and relying on a 4 year old's description of what's happening. Although he's hit this rough patch, I must say I am very proud of the fact that he is at least admitting it to me. He could easily just tell me that everything was fine and I would be none the wiser (until Parent Teacher Conference).
Part of me wanted to laugh though thinking back on my childhood. My poor brother and my cousins Rich & John would ALWAYS get in trouble every Sunday morning in Children's Church. There was not a Sunday that went by that they didn't get in trouble for talking, getting out of their seats, playing with someone's chair, grabbing a musical instrument, looking at someone the wrong way or basically just for breathing. My mom was confonted each week by the Director (Sister Stewart for those Bethlehem people that read this blog). It was always the same thing. My mom would talk to Steve but, at the end of the day, he was a little boy... (a Somma boy = LOTS OF ENERGY) and it would take a serious act of God to force him to sit still for that long of a period.
Anyway, I guess I can only keep telling little guy what is expected of him while he is at school and pray that his behavior will fall in line with that soon!
4 comments:
I look back on those days in Bethlehem and think, how did kids sit still for so long? First we were in Sunday School sitting still then right to Children's Church where God forbid we had to go to the bathroom! That was a total of 3 hours of sitting! Boys are more active...went through the same thing with Michael in preschool...it was always something!
Don't get upset. Boys have lots of energy. They are not being bad they are just being normal. Be patient and he will soon be able to sit still a little longer.
oh my! Remember those days oh so well...We could write a book! ha! All the BC kids (from the basic families anyway) all turned out very well..are wonderful parents, have beautiful children AND serving God. Thank you Lord.
Have a great day Beth.
Love ya, Aunt carol
Someone should go get Rich - I think he's still sitting in Jr. Boys 2 - I think he was sentenced 35 years.
SS
Post a Comment