Thursday, October 9, 2008

Crazy Calendar




A few months ago, I purchased this adorable calendar in hopes it would teach Christopher the months of the year and the days of the week. It has some great magnets for special events and it also helps him learn the meaning of time. Having a visual is really helpful for this. I'm such a schedule fanatic that I guess it's only natural I pass this on to him.

He loves his calendar and he has been asking for months when December is coming. He has two purposes for wanting December to come quickly. One, he knows we are driving to Florida for Christmas and, maybe more importantly, he knows he will be turning 5 the day after Christmas. So, too huge events for him.

The other day I walked into the kitchen to find him standing on a chair (which dragged over from the kitchen), leaning over the counter. Apparantley, he had decided to make some "adjustments" to our schedule. I'm not sure if you can make out all the little buttons, but he's added Flag Day, The Fourth of July, Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Christmas, The Last Day of School and Cinco de Mayo to our calendar for October! I haven't had the heart to change it back to our actual calendar yet.







2 comments:

2 Boys' Mom said...

Where did you get the calendar? It looks like a great tool.

Busy Mom in CA said...

I got it at a local toy store here in NJ. Not sure if Toys R Us sells something similar.