There's nothing worse then trying to find a good pizza place when you move to a new town. The reason I say this is because the only way you can find good pizza, is by eating a lot of bad pizza until you find the right place.
Now, I must say I'm a bit particular about my pizza. It must be authentic..meaning the guy (or girl) making the pie should at least be Italian and have lived either in the greater NYC area at some point in his/her life (again..that's my bias). Now, I'm only about an hour outside of NYC, so hopefully this quest will not take too long.
We tried a place on Friday that was recommended, but the sauce did not agree with me at all. So, it's on to the next place, or maybe I'll just have to start making my own. Anyone have any good dough recipes?
5 comments:
Well, you asked me the right question! I've been making my own dough now for YEARS!!! It's hard for me to buy pizza, since I can make it from scratch, it's very easy, and it tastes delicious! If you want the recipe...just ask, and I'll email it to you. Do you have a bread machine? Or do you use your kitchenaid? Let me know. Also, if you don't want to make your own, you can buy pizza dough at shoprite in the refrigerated section....next to the cheeses.....Liz
awesome.. I have a Kitchenaid so if you could email me that recipe that would be great. Thanks!!
Would you post it on your blog? I would love to have a copy of it too.
I am also very picky about my pizza! It must be something about being born and raised in NYC. We love homemade pizza BUT my kids have got to be the most pickiest kids ever when it comes to the crust! I now just go to our local pizzeria and buy the dough and then make it at home. Try it if you don't want to mess with homemade dough...Lois
Yes I will post my homemade pizza dough on my blog....it has taken me years to finally find the perfect recipe for homemade pizza dough....we're married now going on 20 years, and I've been making different recipes of it for years and not liking any of them, but now finally this year I have found the perfect and most delicious pizza dough recipe..I hope you get to make it and enjoy it as much as we do.
Post a Comment