Friday, August 15, 2008

Five on Friday

Five Words of Wisdom from My Mom:

I've been thinking of Mom a lot lately and reflecting on things she told me over the years regarding being a Godly wife, mother and friend. Since she died before I got married and had a family, I cling to the memories of these conversations.

1) In order to have friends, you must be friendly to others.
2) Hang on to Jesus when you don't know what else to do. He will always lead you.
3) Always honor a commitment...even if it means making a sacrifice.
4) Your children need to see Jesus as a priority in your life. Take them to church regularly. Be sure they see you reading your bible and praying. They will likely model their lives after yours.
5) Be a friend to those who do not have friends, or are outcasts. It may not be a popular thing to do, but it's what Jesus has called us to do.

2 comments:

2 Boys' Mom said...

Those are wonderful principles that your mom taught you. We should all take them for ourselves.

Liz said...

I know how you feel missing your mom! I am missing my dad so much. Didn't think it would feel like this. See you later on today!